His Holiness Pope Francis’s Prayer Intentions
- Universal: That those from diverse religious traditions and all people of good will may work together for peace.
- Evangelization: That in this year dedicated to consecrated life, religious men and women may rediscover the joy of following Christ and strive to serve the poor with zeal.
- Universal: That prisoners, especially the young, may be able to rebuild lives of dignity.
- Evangelization: That married people who are separated may find welcome and support in the Christian community.
- Universal: That those involved in scientific research may serve the well-being of the whole human person.
- Evangelization: That the unique contribution of women to the life of the Church may be recognized always.
- Universal: That people may learn to respect creation and care for it as a gift of God.
- Evangelization: That persecuted Christians may feel the consoling presence of the Risen Lord and the solidarity of all the Church.
- Universal: That, rejecting the culture of indifference, we may care for our neighbours who suffer, especially the sick and the poor.
- Evangelization: That Mary’s intercession may help Christians in secularized cultures be ready to proclaim Jesus.
- Universal: That immigrants and refugees may find welcome and respect in the countries to which they come.
- Evangelization: That the personal encounter with Jesus may arouse in many young people the desire to offer their own lives in priesthood or consecrated life.
- Universal: That political responsibility may be lived at all levels as a high form of charity.
- Evangelization: That, amid social inequalities, Latin American Christians may bear witness to love for the poor and contribute to a more fraternal society.
- Universal: That volunteers may give themselves generously to the service of the needy.
- Evangelization: That setting aside our very selves we may learn to be neighbours to those who find themselves on the margins of human life and society.
- Universal: That opportunities for education and employment may increase for all young people.
- Evangelization: That catechists may give witness by living in a way consistent with the faith they proclaim.
- Universal: That human trafficking, the modern form of slavery, may be eradicated.
- Evangelization: That with a missionary spirit the Christian communities of Asia may announce the Gospel to those who are still awaiting it.
- Universal: That we may be open to personal encounter and dialogue with all, even those whose convictions differ from our own.
- Evangelization: That pastors of the Church, with profound love for their flocks, may accompany them and enliven their hope.
- Universal: That all may experience the mercy of God, who never tires of forgiving.
- Evangelization: That families, especially those who suffer, may find in the birth of Jesus a sign of certain hope.
… From the Vatican